- This event has passed.
Learning Science Standards (Earth & Space Science; Physical Science, and Life Science) is better through the lens of SPACE!
Event Series:Homeschool Days
December 1, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm MST
Admission:Admission plus $5 upcharge
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
Location:Space Foundation Discovery Center
Join the Discovery Center the first Wednesday of each month for our in-person Homeschool Days. Where we dedicate our entire facility to helping Homeschooling groups and families teach their kids Science Standards all year long.
One of the biggest challenges for Homeschooling families is how to effectively meet and teach Science Standards when the last time many adults performed a science experiment was when they were back in high school.
December 1st is dedicated to learning how NASA space missions cover all the major topics we need to teach our students in the Sciences (for examples):
- Physical Science: rockets, physics, orbital mechanics, etc.
- Life Science: searching for life beyond Earth and the critical importance of water in space
- Earth & Space Science: comparing our planet Earth to the other objects current NASA missions are studying
Activities inspired by current and upcoming NASA missions, including:
- Perseverance Rover: students will become real rover engineers to perform a mission on Mars
- James Webb Space Telescope: students will learn about light waves, the difference between visible and infrared light and do an activity to solidify the understanding of the difference
- NASA Missions Past & Future: take a deeper dive into some of NASA’s most amazing missions. Students will leave with a wealth of resources to continue their science learning through NASA Missions
- and MORE! This month, we return to including self-directed activities showing how the different Sciences can be studied through NASA Missions.
Please note, some activities are first come, first served due to limited capacity. Activities subject to change.
Passport Member Benefit – Complimentary Admission
Become a Passport Member: Discovery Center Passport