The Space Foundation's mission is to be the preeminent resource for space education, a trusted source of space information, and a provider of exceptional forums for the exchange of ideas.
One of our main methods for accomplishing our mission is to ensure that the media and the general public have access to up-to-date, accurate, credible and compelling information about space and the Space Foundation.
Reporters may contact us anytime at [email protected], +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000
- Space Foundation Junior Space Entrepreneur Program Wins Honorable Mention in Fast Company 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards April 28, 2020New York, April 28, 2020 — The winners of Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas Awards were announced today, honoring the businesses, policies, projects, and concepts that are actively engaged and deeply committed to flattening the curve when it comes to the climate crisis, social injustice, or economic inequality. The Junior Space Entrepreneur Program (JSEP),… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Volunteer Spotlight: Theron Berry April 11, 2020Once a month, the Space Foundation is highlighting the stellar volunteers who help us bring space to you! This month, we are featuring Space Foundation Discovery Center and Space Symposium volunteer, Theron Berry. Theron is a United States Air Force Captain serving as a deputy flight commander and instructor with the 42nd Combat Training Squadron at Peterson Air… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation Activates Alternate Worksites March 13, 2020“In response to the ongoing Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Space Foundation is limiting operations at its Colorado Springs Headquarters, effective the close of business, March 13th. For the next two weeks (March 14-March 29), the Space Foundation is activating alternative worksites for all of its team members. Normal operations are expected to resume on Monday, March… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- L3Harris Technologies to Fund Space Foundation STEM Programs at Six Prince George’s County Maryland Schools in January January 23, 2020COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Jan. 23, 2020) – Thanks to funding by L3Harris Technologies, the Space Foundation will present its Space in the Community (SITC) program at six Prince George’s County Public Schools (Maryland) Jan. 29 – 31. SITC is an immersive program for students, parents, teachers, and community members to reinforce the importance of science,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Winners of the Space Foundation’s 10th Annual International Student Art Contest Announced January 21, 202025 winners selected from 58 countries 5,598 entries submitted Space Achievement Award winner is Chev Cedric from the Phillippines COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Jan 21, 2020) — The Space Foundation has announced the winners of its 10th Annual Space Foundation International Student Art Contest, co-sponsored by Earth Observing System. The 25 winners represent four U.S. states and 10… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space Foundation International Teacher Liaison Program Adds 39 Educators for 2020 December 2, 2019Includes six new international teachers from India, Mexico, and Puerto Rico Elite educator program promotes space-related STEM education Teachers will participate in the 36th Space Symposium COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Dec. 3, 2019) — The Space Foundation has selected 39 outstanding educators to join its Teacher Liaison program in 2020, including six international applicants from India, Mexico,… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Space4U Podcast: Richard Green – Space Artist November 26, 2019In this episode: We meet Richard Green, an accomplished digital artist who brings his passion for aerospace and technology to life in his award-winning work. Over the course of three decades, he has created a portfolio that has inspired and awed with technically accurate illustrations and 3D models, as well as fantastic, futuristic 3D graphics, and… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- L3Harris Technologies to Fund Space Foundation STEM Programs at Six Colorado Springs Schools November 21, 2019COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 21, 2019) – Thanks to funding by L3Harris Technologies, the Space Foundation will present its Space in the Community (SITC) program at six Colorado Springs schools in December. SITC is an immersive program for students, parents, teachers, and community members to reinforce the importance of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team
- Op-ed | Growth is great but innovation is the real investment November 21, 2019*This article originally appeared in the Nov. 11, 2019 issue of SpaceNews magazine. Nearly a decade ago, the space community was at a crossroads. With the end of the space shuttle era came the end of jobs and careers built upon U.S. access to space. Communities along Florida’s Space Coast, as well as Houston, Huntsville,… […]Shelli Brunswick
- Nominations Open for the New Generation National Security Scholarship Recognizing Former Space Foundation Board Chairman, Admiral James O. Ellis, Jr. November 21, 2019COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 21, 2019) – Upon completion of his term in 2017, the Space Foundation established a special scholarship recognizing former Board Chairman Admiral James O. Ellis, Jr.’s, commitment and support of New Generation leaders and Space Foundation programs. The scholarship, named the Admiral James O. Ellis, Jr., New Generation National Security Scholarship, is… […]Space Foundation Editorial Team