DEVELOP Lifelong STEAM Learners • GROW your Organic Workforce
STRENGTHEN Your Community
Through lasting community partnerships, Space Foundation's Space in the Community program is designed to help your community develop PreK through 12 students who become lifelong STEAM learners, to grow a community's organic workforce, and to strengthen economic development. We do that by inspiring students with hands-on activities, enabling teachers through professional development, and propelling your community through special events.
Select from a Variety of On-site and Virtual Programs
Discover how space can bring your community together and inspire tomorrow's explorers:
- Audience with an Astronaut™: Students hear from a former NASA astronaut* about what it takes to be an explorer and pursue the stars!
- Hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math): 21st-century skill practice through STEM-based classroom activities for students.
- Space Across the Curriculum: Professional development workshop for all educators (formal and informal).
- Community Programs: Special events and appearances for your community featuring space-inspired and STEAM-based programming.
- International Programming: Space in the Community is available worldwide.
- Marketing Assistance: Templates provided to assist with promotion of events
*Other STEAM professionals available upon request
Photo credit: Christian Murdock, Colorado Springs Gazette
We've brought space down to Earth for all to enjoy!
CALL FOR 2022-2023 PROGRAM PRICING.
(719) 576-8000 or (800) 691-4000
Student and teacher programs are led by Space Foundation's award-winning educators who are all former classroom master teachers.
Space in the Community Sponsors:
- April 2023: Connecticut SITC, Petit Foundation
- November 2022: Charles County School District SITC, James E. Richmond Science Center
- October 2022: Wahoo Public Schools SITC, The Gorman Foundation
- January 2022: Virtual SITC, Northrop Grumman
- November 2021: Virtual SITC, Lockheed Martin
- November 2020: Virtual SITC, L3Harris
- May 2020: Virtual SITC, Lockheed Martin
- February 2020: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- January 2020: Prince Georges County, MD, L3Harris
- December 2019: Colorado Springs, CO, L3Harris
- May 2019: Huntsville, Alabama, Lockheed Martin
- January 2019: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- January 2019: Brevard County, Florida, Harris
- November 2018: Colorado Springs, Colorado, Harris
- February 2018: Colorado Springs, Colorado, Harris
- January 2018: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- January 2017: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- December 2016: Brevard County, Florida: Harris
- November 2016: Los Angeles Air Force Base, California, US Air Force STEM Outreach Program Office
- October 2016: Andersen Air Force Base, Naval Base Guam, US Air Force STEM Outreach Program Office
- May 2015: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa Flight Night
- February 2015: Erie, Colorado, St. Vrain Public Schools
Start Today to Build a Brighter Future
For further information, call the Space Foundation at
719.576.8000 or 800.691.4000