Planning an Event or Meeting?
Space Foundation in Colorado Springs offers a unique space-themed venue for your event. In the past, important meetings, wedding receptions, military promotions and retirement celebrations, birthday parties, dances, bar mitzvahs, beer festivals and more held in various meeting rooms and venue.
Do you have questions? Ready to book your event? Space Foundation Venue Request Form
Pricing information and guidelines for usage: Ackerman Conference Center Use Agreement
- Onsite event planners
- Intriguing museum-quality attractions
- Space and sci-fi themed rooms and environment
We are conveniently located at 4425 Arrowswest Drive, just off of Garden of the Gods Road, west of Centennial Boulevard in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Space-Themed Event Spaces
Space Foundation Discovery Center
El Pomar Space Gallery
- Unique space gallery and museum venue accommodates up to 200 people
- Allows for a variety of reception arrangements
Area 51 (2,400 sq. ft.)
- Retro sci-fi themed, colorful venue
- Various setups for up to 197 people
- Large screen display with projector and sound system
- Full kitchen, including two microwaves, one convection oven, two refrigerators and two dishwashers
Ackerman Conference Center
General James E. Hill Conference Room (975 sq. ft.)
- 30-35 people seated; larger numbers possible if event is reception style
- Video teleconferencing, teleconferencing, audio/visual capabilities
- Compatible with most catering arrangements
Howell M. Estes, III, Conference Room (157 sq. ft.)
- 6 people seated
- Features large screen and several computer connectors for collaborative discussions
- Compatible with limited catering arrangements, such as boxed meals
About the Ackerman Conference Center
Jasper D. Ackerman was a business leader in Colorado Springs from the 1940s until he passed away in 1988. In 1963, Ackerman founded the Anna Keesling Ackerman Fund in his mother's memory. The Ackerman Conference Center is named in his honor, in appreciation for funding provided to Space Foundation by the Anna Keesling Ackerman Fund.
Contact [email protected] for pricing information.
Users agree to remit to Space Foundation a deposit equivalent to 50% of the base rate estimated for the event, plus 100% of the setup/cleanup fees/security estimated for the User's event.
Basic meetings and events with no special arrangements may be canceled seven or more days in advance of the booked event with no cancellation fees. Events, meetings, receptions, etc. that require special arrangements may be canceled 14 or more days in advance of the booked event with no cancellation fees. Otherwise, the full deposit is retained by Space Foundation.
Catering and Food Services
All catering and food service must be provided by the customer and coordinated with the event director. Space Foundation will do our best to accommodate your dining plans and can send a list of preferred vendors upon request.
Get Started Planning
To start planning your event, call Lisa Bell at 719.576.8000