- This event has passed.
Highlighting why and how Space is an excellent and interesting lens through which to teach all Science Standards.
Event Series:Home Study Program
September 16, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm MDT
Admission:SEPTEMBER 16th ONLY- $5 Home Study Program Fee is Waived. General Admission fees still apply; Ages 2-4 $2.00, Ages 5-17 $5.00 & Adults $10.00 , Passport Members -Free
Location:Space Foundation Discovery Center
The Space Foundation Discovery Center will be highlighting why and how Space is an excellent and interesting lens through which to teach all 3 Science Standards; Earth and Space Science, Physical Science and Life Science.
- Science On a Sphere® presentation - Perseverance Mission to Mars
- Hourly on the :05
- Lab Experience - AI4Mars NASA Program
- 11:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.
- LIVE standards based lessons- MRL Mission
- Two hour long sessions: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Both sessions suitable for grades K-12 (Different grade levels will complete different tasks)
- El Pomar Space Gallery - Artifact highlights, real world connections
- Area 52 - Self directed hands on activities and lessons - Mars Survivor, Earth or Mars? & Mars under a Microscope
- Open all day
The following local community partners will be at the Discovery Center!
Bear Creek Nature Center
Fountain Creek Nature Center
Please note, some activities are first come-first served, due to limited capacity. Activities subject to change.