- This event has passed.
Homeschool Days: ROBOT Takeover!
Homeschool Days: Robot Takeover!
Event Series:Homeschool Days
February 9, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm MST
Admission:Admission plus $5 materials fee
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
Location:Space Foundation Discovery Center
The Discovery Center invites Homeschooling families and groups to join us as we bring your homeschooling students’ Science Standards to life throughout the Discovery Center. Each month will have a unique theme.
One of the biggest challenges for Homeschooling families is how to effectively meet and teach Science Standards when the last time many adults performed a science experiment was when they were back in high school.
This month, our homeschoolers will get hands-on experience learning the basics of coding to better understand how robots work – then put your skills into action with robots, robotics, and coding all over the Discovery Center – with Ozobots, Sphero Bolts, RVRs and of course, our Mars Robotics Laboratory.
Activities and demonstrations include:
- 11am workshop: Create a ScribbleBot Participants (aka Robotics Engineers) will create their own bot to take home while learning the basics of robotics (how it works) for them to continue the learning/building after today’s session
- 1:30pm workshop: Code your way through the Solar System Just as NASA does – our Robotics Engineers will learn, then do by coding Sphere Bolts and RVRs around the inner and outer solar system to explore different worlds
- Special SOS Presentation (all day): Discover current and future space missions that involve robots to help us understand other worlds.
- Self-guided Activities: More Robots and Coding All of today’s activities revolve around learning robotics, coding, and how robots help us in our lives, including today’s self-guided activities.
- Mars Robotics Laboratory: Special Mission in our newly redesigned simulated Mars surface Robotics Engineers will be given a Mission to Complete at our new Mars Landing Site
Please note, some activities are first come, first served due to limited capacity. Activities subject to change.
Passport Member Benefit – Complimentary Admission
Become a Passport Member: Discovery Center Passport