We believe that investing in teachers significantly increases student achievement and opportunities for success in all areas.
Space Across the Curriculum
We recognize that teachers face many challenges in developing lesson plans that engage students, meet district and state standards and are fun and rewarding to deliver. This is why we place a great deal of focus on delivering professional development to educators with programs that meet education standards by integrating science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) into daily curriculum. Our courses use space as the “hook” to engage students and provide activities that are instantly transferable to the classroom. Our Teacher Liaison program links master educators from around the globe for networking, support and exchange.
Educator Professional Development Workshops
The Space Foundation offers a number of programs for all teachers:
- Classes held at the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs, CO
- Attend classes online if you can't attend in person
- Courses can be conducted for half-day or full-day sessions at your school
- Professional development courses can be a part of the Space in the Community program
BREAKING NEWS!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
We are pleased to announce that applications are now open for our 3rd annual Dr. Rochelle Abrams Space Across the Curriculum Teacher Professional Development. . . and this time we are going VIRTUAL! Trust me, you do not want to miss this immersive, collaborative, absolutely OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD educational adventure, so complete your application today!!!
Throughout the week, we’ll focus on giving you crucial tools and resources you can take back to your classroom, as well as help you reimagine your teaching in the post-COVID world, focusing on the following:
- 21st Century Essential Skills
- Remote Project Management Skills
- The Ins and Outs of Project-Based Learning
- Strategies and Resources to help you Navigate the World of eLearning
- Student Engagement in the Online Environment
- Leave equipped with the tools and resources YOU need to hit the ground running
Scholarships are available for teachers in both formal and informal education!
June 26th, 2020
WHAT: Dr. Rochelle Abrams Space Across the Curriculum Teacher Professional Development
WHO: This professional development is for ALL Formal and Informal Educators
DATES: This professional development will be offered twice throughout the month of July.
- Session One: July 20th to July 24th (Introductory Session held on Friday, July 17th)
- Session Two: July 27th to July 31st (Introductory Session held on Friday, July 24th)
COST: $25 processing fee (if selected to attend)
- Tuition for the class, minus a $25 non-refundable processing fee
- The Buck Institute’s “Project-Based Learning in Elementary Grades” OR “Project-Based Learning Starter Kit for Middle or High School” (You will be prompted to choose the appropriate book for the grade level you teach during the application process.)
- A One Year Subscription to Teamworks - an added value of $1,640.00 (https://www.teamwork.com/)
- $300 stipend (This will be mailed in the form of a check after the completion of the final survey.)
- 30 Professional Development Hours (Certificate will be provided after the completion of the final survey.)
THE PROJECT: Mission Asteria: Creating a Lunar Outpost
We are entering a new era in space exploration, an era in which we will be headed “Back to the Moon, and on to Mars,” with an expected industry boom from a current $350 billion to an anticipated $1.1 TRILLION by the 2040’s! This kind of staggering growth will bring with it a slew of new jobs . . . jobs that have yet to be imagined! This Lunar Outpost Project will equip you to train the NEXT generation of scientists, engineers, and space explorers, sitting right in your classroom, for positions within the aerospace community! Through an immersive, project-based learning, educational experience, participants will embark on a journey to develop the very first Human Lunar Outpost, culminating in a presentation, shark-tank style, which will need to include ALL THINGS REQUIRED for a new space civilization!
Teachers engage in a remote Mars mission in the Space Foundation Discovery Center Mars Robotics Laboratory in a professional development course.
Space Foundation Teacher Webinars
Teachers face many challenges in the classroom such as decreased funding, lack of ideas and time for developing lesson plans which engage students, as well as time to create lesson which are fun and rewarding to deliver.
We have the solution! We are producing instant, online training and support to help you be the best teacher you can be and save you time and energy! Join our Space Education Specialists, who are former classroom master teachers, in our new Space Across the Curriculum Webinars and Space Foundation Lunch Bytes.
Keep your eyes peeled for announcements of our upcoming training's through our web site, social media and direct emails. We look forward to “seeing” you in one of our new virtual sessions!
Space Across the Curriculum Webinars
Space Across the Curriculum Webinars are our NEW half-day, teacher professional development seminars offered during LIVE presentations virtually which you can log into from anywhere including from home! Learn new lessons, watch hands-on activities and interact with the presenters!
Check back for our next webinar date!
Start Today to Build a Brighter Future!
For further information, call the Space Foundation at +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000 or