We believe that investing in teachers significantly increases student achievement and opportunities for success in all areas.
Space Across the Curriculum
We recognize that teachers face many challenges in developing lesson plans that engage students, meet district and state standards and are fun and rewarding to deliver. This is why we place a great deal of focus on delivering professional development to educators with programs that meet education standards by integrating science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) into daily curriculum. Our courses use space as the “hook” to engage students and provide activities that are instantly transferable to the classroom. Our Teacher Liaison program links master educators from around the globe for networking, support and exchange.
Educator Professional Development Workshops
The Space Foundation offers a number of programs for all teachers:
- Classes held at the Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs, CO
- Attend classes online if you can't attend in person
- Courses can be conducted for half-day or full-day sessions at your school
- Professional development courses can be a part of the Space in the Community program
Teachers engage in a remote Mars mission in the Space Foundation Discovery Center Mars Robotics Laboratory in a professional development course.
Thanks to the generosity of Booz Allen Hamilton, the Colorado Space Grant Consortium, and Paula Warrell, the Space Foundation is pleased to announce our upcoming Space Across the Curriculum webinar series,“Learning Reimagined: Project-Based Learning in the Online Classroom.”
This webinar series is available for a limited number of Colorado teachers on a first-come, first-serve basis, so don't delay...sign up today!!
What: Learning Reimagined: Project-Based Learning in the Online Classroom - Space Across the Curriculum Teacher Professional Development Experience
Who: Colorado Educators (formal and informal)
- Session One (60 minutes): Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- Mission Asteria: Bringing Project-Based Learning to Life
- Session Two (60 minutes): Wednesday, October 28th at 4:00 p.m.
- So, NOW What: The Ins and Outs of Project Design
Where: The Zoom link will be sent upon completion of the registration process.
Application Deadline: Registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How: Click here to complete your registration!
- Tuition for the class
- The Buck Institute’s “Project-Based Learning in Elementary Grades” OR “Project-Based Learning Starter Kit for Middle or High School”
- You will be prompted to choose the appropriate book for the grade level you teach during the registration process.
- $75 stipend
- This will be mailed in the form of a check after the completion of the final survey. (This could take up to 30 days to process.)
- 15 Professional Development Hours
- Certificate will be provided after the completion of the final survey.
THE PROJECT: Mission Asteria - Creating a Lunar Outpost
We are entering a new era in space exploration, an era in which we will be headed “Back to the Moon, and on to Mars,” with an expected industry boom from a current $350 billion to an anticipated $1.1 TRILLION by the 2040’s! This kind of staggering growth will bring with it a slew of new jobs . . . jobs that have yet to be imagined! Our “Learning Reimagined: Project-Based Learning in the Online Classroom,” Space Across the Curriculum Experience will equip you to train the NEXT generation of scientists, engineers, and space explorers, sitting right in your classroom, for positions within the aerospace community!
Space Foundation Teacher Webinars
Teachers face many challenges in the classroom such as decreased funding, lack of ideas and time for developing lesson plans which engage students, as well as time to create lesson which are fun and rewarding to deliver.
We have the solution! We are producing instant, online training and support to help you be the best teacher you can be and save you time and energy! Join our Space Education Specialists, who are former classroom master teachers, in our new Space Across the Curriculum Webinars and Space Foundation Lunch Bytes.
Keep your eyes peeled for announcements of our upcoming training's through our web site, social media and direct emails. We look forward to “seeing” you in one of our new virtual sessions!
Space Across the Curriculum Webinars
Space Across the Curriculum Webinars are our NEW half-day, teacher professional development seminars offered during LIVE presentations virtually which you can log into from anywhere including from home! Learn new lessons, watch hands-on activities and interact with the presenters!
Check back for our next webinar date!
Start Today to Build a Brighter Future!
For further information, call the Space Foundation at +1.719.576.8000 or +1.800.691.4000 or